In addition to producing an organic formula, our company is dedicated to producing the most nutritious formula possible. This is evident in our Pure10 Pledge®. We believe our ingredients are superior to other organic infant formulas. For example:
• We do not use palm olein oil, which has been clinically proven to cause some babies to poorly absorb calcium resulting in lower bone mineralization. Palm olein oil can also cause the stool to harden and in some causes cause constipation.
• Baby’s Only Organic® formula is the only formula that uses organic brown rice syrup. This is a complex carbohydrate that requires minimal processing and offers the benefits of slower digestion and absorption of complex sugars that provide a steady supply of energy to a baby. In addition, rice is gluten free and is considered hypoallergenic because it is the least allergenic of all the grains.
• Our dairy formula contains 35% naturally occurring lactose and 65% organic brown rice syrup. Other formulas add additional lactose, sucrose (table sugar), or corn syrup as their carbohydrate source. If lactose is the only carbohydrate in the formula, this may cause some concern if a baby is sensitive to lactose. Too much lactose can overwhelm the baby’s ability to digest the milk-sugar and cause gassiness, bloating and a very unhappy baby. Nature’s One® offers Baby’s Only Organic® LactoRelief™ which is intended for babies who are lactose intolerant and offers an alternative to parents who wish to avoid soy protein in their baby's diet.
• We do not use cane sugar or sucrose (table sugar) in our formulas. These are simple sugars (carbohydrates) that are quickly digested and absorbed into the bloodstream, increasing insulin levels. The medical community has expressed concern over using cane sugar in infant formulas because it is five times sweeter than lactose and could pose health or medical issues related to obesity or dental caries. Organic brown rice syrup is slightly sweeter than lactose but significantly less sweet than can cane sugar or sucrose.
• Baby's Only Organic® Dairy with DHA & ARA is naturally derived from egg lecithin. This differs from life'sDHA™ that is used in all other organic and conventional infant formulas, which is derived from algae & fungus and treated with hexane solvent, acid and bleach. Parents who want to avoid giving their baby a formula with chemically treated oils, but would like added non-essential fatty acids should consider Baby's Only Organic® Dairy formula with DHA & ARA.
• Organic is your assurance the ingredients used in Baby's Only Organic® are not genetically modified (GMO) or processed with harsh chemicals like sulfur dioxide and hexane. Organic farming methods prohibit the use of synthetic herbicides & insecticides. Organic dairy farms do not treat cows with bovine growth hormones, steroids, or antibiotics and only feed cows organic grains and grasses. Since all infant formulas and follow-on formulas are required by law to provide similar vitamins, minerals, protein and carbohydrate, you are assured Baby's Only Organic® will continue to support your baby's normal growth and development after breast feeding.